Football Association of Thailand, Thai League Co., Ltd., and representatives from all 16 clubs in the Thai League 1 attended the meeting this morning(11 July). at the office of the Football Association of Thailand to discuss TV rights broadcasting of the 2023/24 season.
As a result of the meeting can be summarized as follows
- The association confirms the management of professional football leagues in the Thai League 1, Thai League 2 and Thai League 3, and football cups according to the program specified by the Thai League Co., Ltd.
- The association confirms that it will produce live broadcast signals and use VAR in all Thai League 1 matches for Thai League 2, Thai League 3, and Football Cups. There will be a live broadcast according to the terms of the sponsor’s benefits.
- While there is no right holder to broadcast the match, the association is willing to allow Thai League 1 clubs to lead the signal to broadcast on the club’s channels or disseminate to generate income to support the club according to the conditions set by the association.
- The association agreed in principle to establish the Thai League 1 football management organization, which required a study of the administrative structure, rules, and regulations of the law. The association asked the club to present a detailed business plan.
- The association invites representatives of all 16 clubs to join the Executive Board of Thai League Co., Ltd. to jointly decide on the development of a professional football league. The meeting will be held again on July 18, 2023.
- The association will complete the financial support for the club in the past 2022/23 season as soon as possible.
- In this difficult situation, the association maintains a strict cost control policy following the recent COVID-19 crisis.
However, the 16 clubs in the Thai League 1 will collect and sell the rights themselves. Then all the income to divided equally and will be divided among the clubs in Thai League 2 and Thai League 3 as well.
“With the time before the start of this new competitive season I, as the president of the association, And the leaders of the organization pledge to lead Thai football forward during challenging times. Today, I can confirm that the Thai Football League will be played as scheduled. The association is responsible for the production of live signals. The football fans will certainly be able to watch the Thai League match.” Pol. Gen. Dr. Somyot Poompanmuong, president of FA Thailand said after the discussion.
“The association confirms to support the competition of clubs in the lower leagues, namely Thai League 2, Thai League 3, amateur football leagues. and the sectors involved in organizing the competition fully Including the overall structure of Thai football at the same time, whether it is the Thai men’s and women’s national football teams of all age groups, youth football leagues, grassroots activities, futsal, beach soccer, or sports science. Including personnel development in various fields. Related without neglecting any part Because it is considered a necessary foundation for the stable, sustainable, and permanent development of Thai football in the future.”
“For the administration of Thai League 1 by 16 clubs of the top league. The association agrees in principle. If it is good for the development of the Thai football industry In which the club can join as an executive director of Thai League Co., Ltd. to have the power to manage the competition activities immediately. While all 16 clubs are considering establishing a new organizational structure that must be legally compliant, the Rules and regulations of the Association and the Sports Authority of Thailand”
Credit Photo : FA Thailand