Football Association of Malaysia(FAM) punishment to Yazan Al Arab, a center-back Jordanian of Selangor FC, for a ‘lifetime’ due to an incident with a referee in the match Piala Malaysia 2023 Quarter-Final second leg between Selangor FC vs Terengganu FC on 24 September 2023.
In this match, Yazan Al Arab rushed toward the Match Referee while uttering words to the Match Referee. When the Match Referee turned to leave, this player shrugged his shoulders and then pushed back with excessive force on the Match Referee’s chest and when, after being shown a red card, this player aggressively attacked by kicking the left buttock and spat at the Match Referee.
Today, FAM has the 14th meeting of the Disciplinary Committee for the term 2021-2025 held at Wisma FAM, Kelana Jaya, and has reached the following decisions:
- The player was suspended for four matches (for shrugged shoulders the referee).
- Banned for life from being involved in any Football Activities, including football administration, management sporting activities, and related activities in Malaysia (for force with referee).
However, the Committee has decided to adopt Article 43 of the FAM Disciplinary Code where if there are several punishments that can be imposed as a result of related violations, the Committee can impose punishment on the most serious violation committed only and, depending on the circumstances, can increase the punishment.
Therefore, the punishment imposed on this player for the above collisions as a whole is a lifetime suspension from being involved in any Football Activities including football administration, management and sporting activities as well as related activities in Malaysia. This player is also given a stern warning and a heavier punishment will be imposed if he repeats the same mistake. This decision can be appealed.
However, from this match Selangor FC was fined RM23,000 from 3 cases Violating follow Article 53, Article 70, paragraph 1 and Article 68 of the FAM Disciplinary Code read together with Article 69 of the FAM Disciplinary Code following this:
- the rear window of the Match Official’s car being broken due to being thrown with a stone while parked in the parking area in front of the stadium’s main stage
- as a result of an incident of throwing water bottles that came from the spectators’ seating area towards the Competition Officials
- Found to have failed to comply with organizing obligations, causing undesirable incidents to occur, such as the breaking of the Match Officials’ car, an incident of throwing bottles from the seats of spectators towards the Match Officials, the incident of throwing bottles by Selangor FC officials towards the Referee Group in the tunnel while moving to the dressing room and failing to ensure the safety of the Referee Group after the match.
In addition, have 4 team officers and 1 chief marshall of Selangor FC have a punishment by FAM following this:
- Syafiq Iqmal Fozi (Selangor FC Team Officer) : suspended for 10 matches, fined RM10,000
- Fadhli Zahari (Selangor FC Team Officer) : suspended for 10 matches, fined RM10,000
- Amirul Aswad (Selangor FC Community Manager) : suspended for 10 matches, fined RM10,000
- Wan Ajmal Wan Abdullah (Selangor FC Asset Management) : suspended for 10 matches, fined RM15,000(2 charges)
- Jayabalan Muniandy (Chief Marshall Selangor FC) : banned from any Football Activities in Malaysia 2 years, fined RM20,000(3 charges)
Credit Photo : Astro